Telehealth treatment practice continues to grow……
- Transportation to medical appointments is often a problem, particularly for infirm and older patients or those who are ill.
- There are often times long waits in physician offices.
- Transportation can be difficult if not inconvenient.
- Patients often need to contact their a local physician team in the event they have health problems occur while they are out of town, traveling, etc.
- Telehealth treatment removes a lot of these obstacles by allowing patients to consult with doctors and fill prescriptions over the Internet or by mobile phone.
- In Michigan, this type of healthcare service was recognized by statute enabling patients to access their Michigan medical specialists from their own living room or while they are out of town.
- This trend is sweeping the country via the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact that is considered a new component of future medical treatment.