Flurry of changes in Michigan Statutes
- Just before the Michigan Legislature went on its Christmas break in December of 2016, it passed and the Governor signed various laws:
- Modified penalties for unendorsed motorcycle riders.
- Allowed private college security officers to provide off-campus law enforcement.
- Expanded the arrest authority of peace officers to include airport authority police
- Allowed driving of autonomous vehicles in a test setting and provide for an autonomous-vehicle mobility research center.
- Provide compensation of $50,000 per year and re-entry services for people who are wrongly convicted and imprisoned.
- Change the penalties for a minor in possession of alcohol from a misdemeanor to a civil infraction.
- Removed the requirement for a Dower provision in Judgments of Divorce or legal separation.
To find out more about the firm visit www.lipsonneilson.com.